Friday, December 19, 2008

The Next Katie Holmes

Before I start the crux of this post, I want to write first about my morning. I get into the car, start driving for my 45-50 minute commute. I enjoy the silence for a bit, then I decide to turn on the radio. I am not yet advanced enough to have purchased satellite radio. This is for a number of reasons: (1) I don't want to pay for radio; (2) I listen to some specific sports talk shows (both national and local); (3) I am tangential friends with one of the local morning DJs, so I like listening to his show; and (4) I love my CDs (and everything else downloaded to an iPod).

Anyway, this morning, I turn on the radio and it is already pre-set to a station I don't normally listen to, but I must have been listening to last night. I immediately recognize the song, at its beginning, and the lyrics flow:

OPP, how can I explain it
I'll take you frame by frame it
To have y'all jumpin' shall we singin' it.
O is for Other, P is for People scratchin' temple
The last P, well, that's not that simple.

Just a good start to the day. Anyway, I am doing with sharing.

Earlier this week, TMZ had photos of the not-so-heterosexual Rod working out and other things. (Is that more PC that Gay-Rod?). I would provide a link to the pics, except for the fact that I don't go to TMZ.com. (I happened to see the information on With Leather, I believe). Nevertheless, once A-Rod appeared on TMZ, I realized one thing ...

HE IS THE MALE VERSION OF KATIE HOLMES


Think about it. He is incredibly talented at what he does (just so long as it isn't October), yet ends up chasing after someone he idolized for being sexy while growing up (maybe even had her picture on his wall), takes the opportunity to start dating her even though she isn't even close to being a portion of what she used to be, his new significant other practices a widely criticized/humorized sect of a religion, she is bat-shit crazy, and yet, this relationship makes him even more of a celebrity, even to the point where photos of him working out make celebrity websites and mags.

Now granted, Kabbalah and Scientology are completely different animals, but if in the above paragraph you replaced any reference of A-Rod with Katie Holmes and all references to Madonna with Tom Cruise, it is still the same paragraph.

A-Rod, do yourself a favor and heed the warning signs. Look at poor Katie Holmes and don't be doomed to repeat history.

And for those that are going to ask, yes I wrote this simply for the line, "A-Rod is the male version of Katie Holmes", well that and to post the Katie Holmes pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment