Sunday, March 24, 2024

Women's Hoops Enters the Big Time? The NCAA Block Squares Pool

Let me quickly get a couple of things off my chest. 

As you have noticed, there is a second NCAA tournament pool blogging in this space. Yes, your tournament host shares this blog with another person who calls himself a tournament host also. He is much wordier than me and he likes to take my content and throw it into his blog posts without credit. Hey Pepster, I see you. You had better start acknowledging me by name. 

More importantly, your tournament host is in the win column! That is correct, in the 100th game played since I started running this pool, I am in the winners bracket. Adding to this celebration, I also won game number 102. Suck it people! I am getting ready to go on a run so hide your money and your feelings.

Regarding the NCAA tournament games, nothing really earth shattering happened yesterday. The Big East and ACC continue to churn out wins, and NC State as the only double digit seed to advance is recalling memories of 1983. None of that really held my attention yesterday, but this person did.


Kim Mulkey's tirade yesterday over an unpublished Washington Post article was the best thing I saw in a long time. The only thing that could have made that spectacle better was if she were wearing this outfit while reading that statement. I am intrigued by this whole situation. It is not a secret that Mulkey was not liked by a fair number of her players, and the rumors of her treatment of some of her players have been out there for a while. 

With that, I really hope she does try to sue the Washington Post. I need this ridiculous fight in my life right now and I am really interested to see if we have entered the space where scandal is not only routine in the women's game, but will start to upend its celebrities. It's kind of how you know your sport has arrived.

Regarding the pool, the results from yesterday are below. 

Good luck today.

--Your Commissioner

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting off the schneid, Commish! And with 2 wins to boot!

    As of this comment, I am 0-111 for all games (and 0-159 with all squares counted) which, for now, will serve as my identity.

    ReplyDelete