Friday, March 22, 2024

My Emotional Intelligence: The NCAA Block Squares Pool

 

I am writing this from a classroom in downtown Phoenix AZ where I am a team coach for an internal leadership development academy in my agency. This is important to this post because the topics today are empathy and managing stress.

Do you want to know what my takeaways are so far? 

First, I have no empathy for fans of Virginia. Be better you sorry pieces of crap! Last year in this space, I wrote a post titled “Virginia is a Dumpster Fire” where I commented that the fact that Virginia sandwiched a National Championship run in 2019 between two first round exits should be the subject of 30 for 30. This year, they didn't even wait until the first round to give a performance worthy of 1960's NIT play. That team truly is hot garbage and I can’t be empathetic.

My second takeaway is that gambling sucks. Or maybe it is that I suck at gambling and this is stressing me out! There have been a number of exercises in this class to help me manage stress and these don’t work at all. I need to just put my fist through a wall. Thanks Kentucky.

With that, the first day of games is complete and we have our first 16 winners in the block pool.

 

On to Day 2!

Your Commissioner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment