Saturday, October 17, 2020

Picks of the Week

    



So, I don't want to jinx myself, but four winning weeks in a row, and last week was PHENOMENAL!!! I mean it, so I will say it again, PHENOMENAL!!!  That means I have to come back to the mean at some point, right?  I hope I can keep this up.  I know a couple of teams have closed their training sites due to Covid, but at this point no games have been canceled/postponed.  Since I am doing this on Saturday, any Sunday cancellations will not be scored.

For those that are new to this site, I will select every game against the spread.  I will be selecting one big bet at $250 per, whereas everything else will be $100.  Winners count as winners, whereasv, losses will be calculated including a 10% vig to make the math that much simpler.  On to the picks.

Chicago Bears + 1 1/2 at Carolina Panthers
How are the Bears not favored?  Carolina has the 25th ranked rushing defense, so David Montgomery should hasve a field day.

Cincinnati Bengals +8 at  Indianapolis Colts
If this was 6 1/2, I would take the Colts.  They win by a touchdown.  A late TD from Joe Burrow makes the final close (backdoor cover).

Jacksonville Jaguars +3 v. Detroit Lions
In a battle of two bad teams, I will take points for the home team.

Minnesota Vikings -4 v. Atlanta Falcons
Neither team is performnig up to expectations, but Atlanta has the 31st ranked total defense and Minnesota - hehind Dalvin Cook - has the the best rushing offense.

New York Giants -3 v. Washington Football Team
God, I still love typing "Football Team" instead of "Racists".  Giants win this one because despite being horrible, they have the 8th best total offense and 10th best passing offense.  

Baltimore Ravens -9 1/2 at Philadelphia Eagles
Not only are the Eagles horrible, but the Ravens have the 3rd best rusing offense and the 5th best rushing defense.

Pittsburgh Steelers -3 1/2 v. Cleveland Browns
Yes the Browns are 4-1, but the Steelers have the 6th best scoring defense, 4th best passing defense, 3rd best total defense, and 2nd best rusing defense.

Tennessee Titans -3 1/2 v. Houston Texans
At some point people are going to realize tht last year for Tennessee wasn't a fluke, and that Ryan Tannehill can ball.  I am leery of this one because of the short week.

Denver Broncos +9 at New England Patriots
This spread is just too high, especially given that Drew Lock is supposed to play this week.

Miami Dolphins -9 v. New York Jets
The Jets are horrible, but are they 9 points worse than the 2-3 Dolphins?  Yes, they are.

Green Bay Packers -1 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
I have said it about 4 times already this year, Aaron Rodgers is on a mission.

Los Angeles Rams -3 at San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco seems a bit lost right now, and the Rams are both 4th in total offense and total defense.

Buffalo Bills +4 1/2 v. Kansas City Chiefs
Kansas City seems a bit off the last few weeks, and Buffalo getting points? .. .I'll take them.

Arizona Cardinals -1 at Dallas Cowboys
Tough to guess how Dallas will bounce back from Dak Prescott's injury.  My guess is they will not.

Bye Week - Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks

Big Bet

Pittsburgh Steelers -3 1/2 v. Cleveland Browns
Yes the Browns are 4-1, but the Steelers have the 6th best scoring defense, 4th best passing defense, 3rd best total defense, and 2nd best rusing defense.
I wanted to take Tennesee, but they are on a short week, so I will take Pittsburgh's defense.

Last Week's Record:  12-2
Last Week's Big Bet:  1-0
Year-to-Date Record:  47-28-2
Big Bet Year-to-Date:  5-0
Last Week's Winnings (Losses): $1130
Year-to-Date's Winnings (Losses): $2370

No comments:

Post a Comment