Saturday, October 10, 2020

Picks of the Week

   



So I say this not to jinx myself, but just to post information - three winning weeks in a row.  I hope I can keep this up.  No time for a lot of analysis this week, as I am travelling and pressed for time, but I do want to get these out.

For those that are new to this site, I will select every game against the spread.  I will be selecting one big bet at $250 per, whereas everything else will be $100.  Winners count as winners, whereasv, losses will be calculated including a 10% vig to make the math that much simpler.  On to the picks.

Chicago Bears + 3 1/2 v. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Short week, home team!

Carolina Panthers +1 1/2 at Atlanta Falcons
Short week for Atlanta.

Baltimore Ravens -12 1/2 v. Cincinnati Bengals
I know it looks like too many points, but Cincinnati cannot stop anybody.

Houston Texans -6 v. Jacksonville Jaguars
Jaguars have been disappointing versus the spread since week 2.

Las Vegas Raiders +12 at Kansas City Chiefs
I cannot give up 12 points in two games this week, and Chiefs are on a short week.

Arizona Cardinals -7 at New York Jets
I hate going against the betting rules, but Arizona isn't really west coast.

Pittsburgh Steelers -7 v. Philadelphia Eagles
Eagles are bad.

Washington Football Team +7 v. Los Angelse Rams
I cannot pick two west coast going east, and perhaps Kyle Allen can spark something in Washington.

Miami Dolphins +8 1/2 at San Francisco 49ers
Garropolo might be back, but could be rusty.  San Fran missing too much talent.  Win by 7.

Cleveland Browns +1 v. Indianapolis Colts
Basically a pick 'em on the board, and in my head.  I could have gone either way.

New York Giants +8 1/2 at Dallas Cowboys
Both awful teams, and no the Cowboys have lost one of their best players - Tyron Smith - for the season.

Seattle Seahawks -7 v. Minnesota Vikings
Seattle is just playing too well.

Denver Broncos at New England Patriots (No Line)
If this is single digits I am taking New England.  If not, I will check back and choose when a line is up.

Los Angeles Chargers +8 1/2 at New Orlenas Saints
This is a really big spread for how poorly New Orleans has looked this year.

Bye Week - Detroit Lions/Green Bay Packers


Big Bet

Pittsburgh Steelers -7 v. Philadelphia Eagles
Eagles are bad.
Because Pittsburgh is coming off its Covid-induced bye (because of Tennessee, not Pittsburgh) and because of its defense (1st in rushing defense, 2nd in total defense, 5th in scoring defense, and 6th in passing defense).

Last Week's Record:  8-6-1
Last Week's Big Bet:  1-0
Year-to-Date Record:  35-26-2
Big Bet Year-to-Date:  4-0
Last Week's Winnings (Losses): $290
Year-to-Date's Winnings (Losses): $1240

No comments:

Post a Comment