Sunday, November 10, 2019

Picks of the Week



After a great weekend of college football, today's NFL lineup better be outstanding.  I know one thing, it gives us Jeff Driskel, which I note because I am in Gainesville right now, went to the University of Florida.  Why do I note this? Because there are three "starting" quarterbacks in the NFL from UF - Cam Newton and Jacoby Brissett are not starting because of injury and Jeff Driskel is starting because of an injury.  What do they have in common?  They all transferred out!

For those that are new to this site, I will select every game against the spread.  I will be selecting one big bet at $250 per, whereas everything else will be $100.  Winners count as winners, whereas losses will be calculated including a 10% vig to make the math that much simpler.  On to the picks.

Los Angeles Chargers -1 1/2 at Oakland Raiders
I broke all kinds of rules here:  Road intra-divisional favorite, away team on short week, and putting too much faith in one game (Chargers over Packers las week).  In short, I am an idiot.

Chicago Bears -4 1/2 v. Detroit Lions
Jeff Driskel.

Baltimore Ravens -10 1/2 at Cincinnati Bengals
So I am breaking a couple of rules here by selecting a double digit favorite and an intra-divisional road favorite, but it is Ryan Linley's first start ever, Joe Mixon has had 4 games of 20 yards rushing or less, and Lamar Jackson is Lamar Jackson.  Plus, double digit favorites have faired fairly well this year.

Buffalo Bills +2 1/2 at Cleveland Browns
Buffalo's defense has shown that they can keep games tight, so on that basis, I am going to take the points in Cleveland.

New Orleans Saints -10 1/2 v. Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta is horrid and New Orleans is not.

New York Giants -3 at New York Jets
I just hope that this game is nowhere near any television in which I am facing.

Arizona Cardinals +4 1/2 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
With two horrendous defenses (Arizona 30th and Tampa Bay 23rd) this is going to be a fantasy football lover's dream.  Kyler Murray can play, so I will take the points on the road,

Kansas City Chiefs -6 1/2 at Tennessee Titans
Tennessee is such a Jekyll and Hyde team that I absolutely hate to give up this many points.  Who am I kidding?  I will take this one in a heartbeat.

Miami Dolphis +10 1/2 at Indianapolis Colts
The Colts are the much better team, but this Dolphins squad is playing their collective hearts out for Brian Flores.  He just might be the real deal as a coach.  Plus, Jacoby Brissett is injured and being replaced by Brian Hoyer.  I will take the double digit points.

Green Bay Packers -5 1/5 v. Carolina Panthers
Kyle Allen has been OK as a starter, the team has just rallied around him.  Green Bay is better overall (except for Christian McCaffrey), and I feel the Packers are ripe for a big home win.

Pittsburgh Steeler +4 v. Los Angeles Rams
This is honestly just a hunch.  I don't think the Rams are ready for the cold snap in which they will be playing.  The pass rush of the Steelers is the difference.

Dallas Cowboys -3 v. Minnesota Vikings
This isn't the indictment of Kirk Cousins that everyone else is portraying this game.  This is more of a "Minnesota is much more dangerous when they have both of their receivers" pick.  Dallas can roll coverage against Stefon Diggs and turn this into a make other receivers have to step up.  I think Dallas wins that battle.

Seattle Seahawks +6 1/2 at San Francisco 49ers
This is a statement game for both squads.  Seattle can win this game, and since I honestly believe that, I am going to take the almost touchdown.

Byes:  Denver Broncos, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Racists

Big Bet
Chicago Bears -4 1/2 v. Detroit Lions
Jeff Driskel.
I like living dangerously, and as stated earlier, can root against Jeff Driskel in Gainesville.

Last Two Weeks' Record:  16-14
Last Two Weeks' Big Bet:  1-1
Year-to-Date Record:  65-71
Year-to-Date Big Bet:  5-4
Last Two Weeks' Winnings (Losses):  $35
Year-to-Date Winnings (Losses):  ($1,230)


No comments:

Post a Comment