Sunday, November 17, 2019

Picks of the Week



Now that "Tanking for Tua" isn't really an option, and since the NFL's sham workout for Colin Kaepernick was called out by Kaep, and he still tried out - with media - in front of 8 teams, it almost makes this weekend's games irrelevant.  Except, it is still the NFL!

For those that are new to this site, I will select every game against the spread.  I will be selecting one big bet at $250 per, whereas everything else will be $100.  Winners count as winners, whereas losses will be calculated including a 10% vig to make the math that much simpler.  On to the picks.

Pittsburgh Steelers +3 at Cleveland Browns
I broke the early week rule and paid for it dearly, although not nearly as much as Myles Garrett did.

Houston Texans +4 1/2 at Baltimore Ravens
DeShaun Watson versus Lamar Jackson.  Yes, I know they do not actually play against each other, but WOW am I looking forward to this game.  I hope it is close, so give me the points.

Carolina Panthers -4 v. Atlanta Falcons
I honestly only think this because Atlanta has a comedown after destroying New Orleans last week.

Dallas Cowboys -7 at Detroit Lions
Jeff Driskel.

Jacksonville Jaguars +2 1/2 at Indianapolis Colts
It might take a little while for Jacoby Brissett to get his sea legs.  I could probably say the same for Nick Foles, but only one of the two has a Super Bowl MVP.

Miami Dolphins +6 1/2 v. Buffalo Bills
This Dolphins team is actually playing really hard.  This game will be close.

Minnesota Vikings -10 1/2 v. Denver Broncos
Branadon Allen.

New Orleans Saints -4 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Bounce-back week.

New York Jets +2 at Washington Racists
Adrian Peterson had a great game last week against a poor run defense.  The Jets have the NFL's second-best rush defense.

Arizona Cardinals +10 at San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco just beat Arizona by 3 two weeks ago in Arizona.  Yes, this game is in San Francisco, but Arizona should still keep it close.

Oakland Raiders -11 1/2 v. Cincinnati Bengals
Can any non-fantasy football players name a Bengal?

New England Patriots -4 1/2 at Philadelphia Eagles
I actually hate this line, and would hate either pick.

Chicago Bears +6 1/2 at Los Angeles Rams
Both teams have underperformed this  year, but the Rams are missing some offensive lineman.  Khalil Mack needs to control this game.

Kansas City Chiefs -4 at Los Angeles Chargers
I hate picking road favorites in intradivisional games, especially when one team is so up-and-down (the Chargers).  But, I feel even if Los Angeles gives Kansas City its best game, Kansas City is just too fast.

Byes:  Green Bay Packers, New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans

Big Bet
Dallas Cowboys -7 at Detroit Lions
Jeff Driskel.  I won my big bet last week giving up points to Jeff Driskel.  Hopefully I can do that again this week.  I wonder if the Lions think that Colin Kaepernick cannot play in the NFL while at the same time starting Jeff Driskel.

Last Week's Record:  7-6
Last Week's Big Bet:  1-0
Year-to-Date Record:  72-77
Year-to-Date Big Bet:  6-4
Last Week's Winnings (Losses):  $190
Year-to-Date Winnings (Losses):  ($1,040)


No comments:

Post a Comment