Sunday, November 1, 2020

Picks of the Week

     



Six consecutive winning weeks.  Woo Hoo!!!  I know this streak is going to end, I am just going to ride it as long as I can.  As always, any late breaking Covid cancellations will not count, and if some games are moved to Monday or Tuesday, I suppose I will revise as necessary, depending upon who is out with the Covid.

For those that are new to this site, I will select every game against the spread.  I will be selecting one big bet at $250 per, whereas everything else will be $100.  Winners count as winners, whereasv, losses will be calculated including a 10% vig to make the math that much simpler.  On to the picks.

Carolina Panthers -1 1/2 v, Atlanta Falcons
Simply because they were the home team.  I couldn't get  a real read on this game.

Pittsburgh Steelers +4 at Baltimore Ravens
In this battle, I am taking the points.  I wish I did this earlier as the spread was 6 at the beginning of the week.   A battle of two very similar teams that know each other well.
 
Indianapolis Colts -3 at Detroit Lions
To below average offenses (Indy 23rd/Detroit 21st), but the Colts defense is much, much toughter (1st in total defense, 2nd in passing defense, 3rd in rushing defense, and 4th in scoring defense).

Green Bay Packers -6 v. Minnesota Vikings
Yes this would seem like a big spread for an intradivisional rivalry, except Green Bay is 2nd in scoring offense and going against Minnesota's 3oth rank scoring defense.  This should be a rout.

Buffalo Bills -4 1/2 v. New England Patriots
Nothing would surprise me with Bill Belichick, but this is not his year.  I expect Buffalo to score a bunch against New England.

Tennessee Titans -7 at Cincinnati Bengals
The Bengals can move the ball through the air (12th in the league), but by every other metric they are not good.  At least Joe Burrow is proving worthy of the #1 pick.

Cleveland Browns -1 1/2 v. Las Vegas Raiders
Cleveland can run the ball extremely well (3rd in the league), and the Raiders (16th in the league) are mediocre at stopping the run.  Plus, we have a west coast team travelling east and playing the early game - although they do get an extra hour of rest due to the ending of Daylight Savings Time.

Kansas City Chiefs -19 1/2 v. New York Jets
This spread is utterly ridiculous.  Just ludicrous.  And I am just crazy enough to take it and give almost 3 touchdowns.  Frankly, it is because it makes this game more exciting to watch, and it is the only way to make this game exciting.

Miami Dolphins +3 1/2 v. Los Angeles Rams
I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE THIS PICK.  Rookie quarterback making his first start against a team that is clearly playing well, especially on defense.  But, the Rams are coming off a short week and traveling east and playing the early game.  Who am I to go against the gambling Gods.  Did I mention that I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE THIS PICK?  But, the Tuanigamanuolepola era begins!!!

Chicago Bears +4 1/2 v. New Orleans Saints
Competing gambling rules here, don't pick too many road favorites versus Chicago on a short week.  I feel that since New Orleans' defense is nowhere near as dynamic as the LA Rams' defense was, that Chicago's offense might gain enough ground to keep this close.

Los Angeles Chargers -3 at Denver Broncos
In a battle of 2-4 teams, only the Chargers have looked better under Herbert.  And honestly, this spread and pick is another reason why I picked the Bears earlier, too many road favorites, but since Denver is only averaging under 20 points a game, I feel like the Chargers could score enough to win 27-17.

San Francisco 49ers +2 at Seattle Seahawks
San Francisco has struggled through a number of injuries, but still have the 9th total offense, and 8th rushing offense, along with a tremendous defense (3rd in passing defense, 4th in total defense, 5th in scoring defense, and 9th in rushing defense), they should have enough to take advantage of Seattle's horrendous defense.

Dallas Cowboys +10 1/2 v. Philadelphia Eagles
Horrible spread for a horrible game.  The DiNucci Era begins!!!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -12 1/2 at New York Giants
Tampa is averaging over 31 points a game, and the Giants only average 17.  And, honestly, if I am taking Kansas City giving up 19 1/2 points, I should take Tom Brady giving up less than two touchdowns.  And really, the story of Tampa Bay has been the emergence of Ronald Jones.  He is really showing why the Buccaneers were sold on him in the first place.

Bye Week - Arizona Cardinals, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Washington Football Team (Oh My God do I LOVE typing that)

Big Bet

Green Bay Packers -6 v. Minnesota Vikings
Yes this would seem like a big spread for an intradivisional rivalry, except Green Bay is 2nd in scoring offense and going against Minnesota's 30th ranked scoring defense.  This should be a rout.
The Aaron Rodgers revenge tour continues - even with Aaron Jones injured (who was having a phenomenal season), and I wanted to pick for my Big Bet a home team.  My other thoughts were Buffalo over New England, and Tennessee over Cincinnati.

Last Week's Record:  7-6-1
Last Week's Big Bet:  1-0
Year-to-Date Record:  61-41-3
Big Bet Year-to-Date:  7-0
Last Week's Winnings (Losses): $190
Year-to-Date's Winnings (Losses): $2640

No comments:

Post a Comment