Sunday, November 6, 2016

Picks of the Week



Week 9 of the NFL Season, and last week stunk as well.  It is clear that I have no idea what the hell is going on in the NFL this year.  That being said, I am not giving up.

My long time readers know how this works, but for everybody else,  a reminder.  Each pick is using the spread (straight up is for wussies), and the betting line is from the same website each week as of the time of typing the entry. I keep a running tally of my record, plus my winnings/losses. We will "pretend" that I bet $100 on each game, with one game each week going for $250. Winnings/Losses will be calculated including a 10% vig to make the math that much simpler.

Atlanta Falcons -4 1/2 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
I put this pick on Facebook prior to kickoff, so no allegations of cheating.

Pittsburgh Steelers -3 1/2 at Baltimore Ravens
I hate selecting road favorites, as I type ad nauseum in this blog, but I just think seeing Roethlisberger under center will inspire the team, even if he isn't all the way back to 100%.

Cleveland Browns +7 1/2 v. Dallas Cowboys

I am not so sure that any team plays harder than the Browns.  Not sure they will win, but I imagine that it is going to be closer than most expect.

Kansas City Chiefs -7 v. Jacksonville Jaguars
Questions are already being asked of Gus Bradley as to when he is going to bench Blake Bortles with Chad Henne.  Think about that for a moment.

Miami Dolphins -4 v. New York Jets
I am not expecting Jay Ajayi to put up 200 yards like he did in his last two games before the bye, but the Dolphins offense has definitely discovered something that works for them, and I don't think Fitzpatrick can throw enough to keep up.

Minnesota Vikings -6 v. Detroit Lions
Is Minnesota ripe for a rebound after a lackluster performance Monday night against the Bears, or did a surprisingly spry Bears defense show the recipe to defeat the Vikings stagnant offense.  It could be both, but the Lions aren't the team to take advantage of the Vikings.

Philadelphia Eagles +3 at New York Giants
The Eagles certainly aren't as great as their start, but the Giants have no running game at all.  I'll take the points.

Carolina Panthers -3 at Los Angeles Rams
This is the pick in which I honestly scratch my own head over it, but, is it possible that Carolina turned the corner last week?  I hope so.

New Orleans Saints -4 1/2 at San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco is just horrible.

Green Bay Packers -7 v. Indianapolis Colts
This is a gut reaction, because the brain says that 7 is too many points.  Perhaps the new "running" game found by the Packers is for real.  By "running" I mean "more passing".

Tennessee Titans +3 1/2 at San Diego Chargers
We are going to look back on Philip Rivers's career and wonder how he did what he did with some of the teams he had.

Denver Broncos +1 at Oakland Raiders
I am actually a big believer in the Raiders.  But, their defense needs to do A LOT to catch up to the offense.  Carr, Murray, Cooper, Crabtree and Company will not score as much as they have grown accustomed, and that is why Denver will win this game.

Buffalo Bills +7 at Seattle Seahawks
Buffalo seems a bit different to me lately (with the exception of the New England game, but isn't that everybody's exception?), and that is a good thing overall.  Not sure they will beat Seattle, but I think they can keep it close.

Big Bet Game of the Week
Pittsburgh Steelers -3 1/2 at Baltimore Ravens
I hate selecting road favorites, as I type ad nauseum in this blog, but I just think seeing Roethlisberger under center will inspire the team, even if he isn't all the way back to 100%.
This is my big bet mainly because I have no idea how Baltimore is even 3-4.

Last Week's Record:  5-8
Last Week's Big Bet: 0-1
Year-to-Date Record:  57-63-2
Big Bet Year-to-Date:  1-7
Last Week's Winnings (Losses): ($545)
Winnings (Losses) Year-to-Date: ($2435)

No comments:

Post a Comment