Thursday, November 24, 2016



Once again, a solid week picking games with a good record, but missed the  big bet again.  Two weeks is good, three becomes a winning streak.

My long time readers know how this works, but for everybody else,  a reminder.  Each pick is using the spread (straight up is for wussies), and the betting line is from the same website each week as of the time of typing the entry. I keep a running tally of my record, plus my winnings/losses. We will "pretend" that I bet $100 on each game, with one game each week going for $250. Winnings/Losses will be calculated including a 10% vig to make the math that much simpler.

Minnesota Vikings +2 at Detroit Lions
Minnesota should have won a super close game just a few weeks ago, so I will take the points in a belief that today will be close as well.

Washington Racists +6 at Dallas Cowboys
Big test in the NFC East.  For all of the talk of the Cowboys offense being virtually unstoppable, they are third in the league in total offense, whereas the Racists are third.  This game should be close, and I feel DeSean Jackson or Jamison Crowder break one big play.  Rob Kelley has been a find.  (Not talking about Dallas because everyone else in the country already is).

Pittsburgh Steelers -9 at Indianapolis Colts
I have no idea what to do with this game.  Scott Tolzien is playing for the Colts in place of Andrew Luck.  The problem is that the Steelers have been giving up yards and points to teams with quarterbacks like Scott Tolzien.

Chicago Bears + 4 1/2 v. Tennessee Titans
Admittedly, this should be a defeat for me, as the Titans should handle the Bears easily, especially without Jerrell Freeman and his 4 game suspension.  However, this is a reverse tanking karma pick.  Remember: DeShaun Watson.

Atlanta Falcons -4 v. Arizona Cardinals
Other than David Johnson and a surprisingly great season from Larry Fitzgerald at age 93, the Cardinals have to be one of the more disappointing teams in the league.  I look for the Falcons to fly high over the Cardinals, and prey on the inferior birds with aggression.

Cincinnati Bengals +3 1/2 at Baltimore Ravens
A.J. Green is out, which may actually force Andy Dalton to spread the ball around more against the second ranked total defense in the NFL.  Close game, so I'll take the points.

Buffalo Bills -7 1/2 v. Jacksonville Jaguars
This line scares me because of a last minute touchdown pass from Bortles to Robinson or Hurns to lose 21-14.  Nevertheless, my brother-in-law says to take the Bills, and he is a Jaguars season ticket holder.  In LeSean I trust.

New York Giants -7 at Cleveland Browns
I don't see the Browns rallying around Josh McCown.  This game ends 10-2.

Houston Texans +1 1/2 v. San Diego Chargers
I hate taking too many road favorites, so I am not taking the Chargers today.  I just love this line though, as the fourth place Chargers are favorites on the road at the first place Texans.  I hate this game.

Miami Dolphins -7 1/2 San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco, the Cleveland of the NFC.  Jay Ajayi could easily get his third 200 yard game of the year.

Seattle Seahawks -6 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Gotta love a game in which the leading rushers for the teams have 82 yards and 181 yards gained respectively.  Since I have taken all the other big spreads, what the hell, I'll do it again.

New Orleans -7 v. Los Angeles Rams
The Saints can score, and the Rams cannot.  Plus, I have already given up a ton of points in other games, so why not.

Oakland Raiders -3 v. Carolina Panthers
Carolina is holding onto faint playoff hopes, whereas Oakland is in total control of its own destiny.  I worry about the short week for the Raiders after playing at high altitude, so look for them to fade in the fourth quarter.

New England Patriots -7 1/2 at New York Jets
Why not another big road favorite.  Plus we just had the anniversary of the butt fumble.  Martellus Bennett with two touchdowns and the Patriots win 38-21.

Kansas City Chiefs +3 at Denver Broncos
The winner stays solid in the divisional title hunt and solidifies a wild card spot.    Both teams at 7-3, although neither team is prolific, so I'll take the points.

Philadelphia Eagles -4 v. Green Bay Packers
To quote Bomani Jones, the Packers' secondary is a lay-up line.

Big Bet Game of the Week


Washington Racists +6 at Dallas Cowboys
Big test in the NFC East.  For all of the talk of the Cowboys offense being virtually unstoppable, they are third in the league in total offense, whereas the Racists are third.  This game should be close, and I feel DeSean Jackson or Jamison Crowder break one big play.  Rob Kelley has been a find.  (Not talking about Dallas because everyone else in the country already is).
I thought about taking both Buffalo and New England here, but I changed my mind to pick the game in which I was receiving the most points.  This will come back to haunt me I am sure.

Last Week's Record: 8-5-1
Last Week's Big Bet: 0-1
Year-to-Date Record: 78-81-4
Big Bet Year-to-Date: 1-10
Last Week's Winnings (Losses): $85
Winnings (Losses) Year-to-Date: ($2830)

No comments:

Post a Comment