Sunday, December 13, 2015

Picks of the Week



As  a reminder, each pick is using the spread (straight up is for wussies), and the betting line is from the same website each week as of the time of typing the entry. I keep a running tally of my record, plus my winnings/losses. We will "pretend" that I bet $100 on each game, with one game each week going for $250. Winnings/Losses will be calculated including a 10% vig, which just makes the math that much simpler. Now, on to the picks.

Just FYI - This week's games were really tough for me.  A large number of them I bounced back-and-forth before settling on my decision.

Minnesota Vikings +10 at Arizona
Just way too many points.  As always, I texted my cohorts with my pick on Thursday for verification purposes.

Chicago Bears -3 1/2 v. Washington Racists
The Racists have been  horrible on the road, but as I stated last week, the Redskins have absolutely flummoxed me this year.  So I will take the Bears out of respect for my friend Marcus, who would like to see Washington win.

Carolina Panthers -8 v. Atlanta Falcons
The Falcons are falling, to the point where they may not even make the playoffs.  Panthers, obviously are playing great, but I am hesitant on giving the 8 points.  But then again, I believe in Cam Newton.

Cincinnati Bengals -2 1/2 v. Pittsburgh Steelers
This is a tough game to pick.  The Steelers are an offensive juggernaut right now, but then again, so are the Bengals.  I pick the Bengals because it seems that they have finally decided to start using Jeremy Hill again.  Yes, I know, Giovanni Bernard is more explosive, but Hill helps them use the clock and maintain possession.

San Francisco 49ers +1 1/2 at Cleveland Browns 
Yes, I am taking the west coast team traveling east and playing the early game, but it is against Cleveland, so another rule is more prominent: if the Browns are giving points, take them.

Jacksonville Jaguars -2 1/2 v. Indianapolis Colts
I have a bad feeling about this pick, as I fear I am putting too much weight on the throttling the Colts took last week, but I take Jacksonville because of Allen Robinson.

Kansas City Chiefs -10 1/2 v. San Diego Chargers
Another pick that makes me a bit queasy, but I think Kansas City is better than I believe most people think.  The Chiefs did roll the Chargers 33-3 just a few weeks ago.

New York Jets -7 v. Tennessee Titans
I believe in Ryan Fitzpatrick, at least when he throws to Brandon Marshall.  Plus, Mariota has no weapons at all on which he can rely.

Philadelphia Eagles -1 v. Buffalo Bills
In what is essentially a pick 'em, I will select the team that is in first place, even though the NFC East is a farce.  They just have too many weapons to be this bad.  With Ryan Mathews back, the Eagles should win.

Detroit Lions -3 at St. Louis Rams
I hate giving points on the road, but with St. Louis's unsettled quarterback situation, and with Todd Gurley struggling, I feel confident taking Detroit.

New Orleans Saints +5 1/2 v. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tampa Bay can play, but I don't know if they are 6 points better than New Orleans.  The Saints are reeling having lost 4 in a row, but they only lost by 3 against Carolina.  Yes, that game was in New Orleans, but I think New Orleans feels they have something to prove.

Seattle Seahawks -11 at Baltimore Ravens
I figure that if I am going to violate 1 gambling, I might as well violate all of them, in one single pick; West Coast team going east and playing the early game, road favorites, and double digit spread.  I think Jimmy Clausen will be the starting QB for Baltimore, who will run, run, run, if that is the case.

Denver Broncos -6 1/2 v. Oakland Raiders
I initially thought to take the points and the Raiders, but I changed my mind because last week when the Broncos played horribly, they still won by 2 touchdowns.  This game is at home, and I think they win comfortably by 9 or 10.

Green Bay Packers -6 v. Dallas Cowboys
It seems like the right time to put all of this Dallas Cowboys in the playoff talk to rest.

New England Patriots -5 at Houston Texans
Yes, the Patriots do not have Edelman and are still likely not to have Gronkowski, and they have lost two in a row.  That is precisely why I believe they will win this game.

Miami Dolphins +2 v. New York Giants
What a horrible game to watch on Monday night.

BIG BET OF THE WEEK

Philadelphia Eagles -1 v. Buffalo Bills
In what is essentially a pick 'em, I will select the team that is in first place, even though the NFC East is a farce.  They just have too many weapons to be this bad.  With Ryan Mathews back, the Eagles should win.

This is my big bet because the points don't really matter in this game, and I am that confident in Ryan Mathews.  He should have been the starter in this offense all season.

Last Week's Record:  9-7
Year-to-Date Record: 98-87-5
Big Bet Last Week: 1-0
Big Bet Year-to-Date: 10-3
Winnings/(Losses) Last Week: $280
Winnings (Losses) Year-to-Date: $1,015

No comments:

Post a Comment