Sunday, December 6, 2015

Picks of the Week



As  a reminder, each pick is using the spread (straight up is for wussies), and the betting line is from the same website each week as of the time of typing the entry. I keep a running tally of my record, plus my winnings/losses. We will "pretend" that I bet $100 on each game, with one game each week going for $250. Winnings/Losses will be calculated including a 10% vig, which just makes the math that much simpler. Now, on to the picks.

Green Bay Packers -2 1/2 at Detroit Lions
Hail Mary!

Chicago Bears -6 1/2 v. San Francisco 49ers
Blaine Gabbert!

Houston Texans + 3 1/2 at Buffalo Bills
Houston can smell the playoffs, and I think they will win their division at this point.  Buffalo is much improved from last year, but they seem to have already peaked this year.

Cincinnati Bengals -8 at Cleveland Browns
Not only am I picking the dreaded road favorite, but they are also favored by more than 1 touchdown.  But, I feel like we might even see Spurgeon Wynn back at QB for Cleveland here sometime soon, so I'll give the points.

Baltimore Ravens +4 at Miami Dolphins
Baltimore's games have all been incredibly close, and the Dolphins seem to be unraveling.  Baltimore's run defense bottles up Lamar Miller (as does the Dolphins playcalling), and even if Miami wins, this game will be close.

Seattle Seahawks -2 at Minnesota Vikings
I have gone back-and-forth on this game all weekend, but it seems like Seattle's offensive line is playing better, keeping Wilson from being hit as much.  The secondary - believe it or not - is a bit of a liability for the Seahawks right now, but Minnesota does not have the weapons to take advantage of that.

New York Jets -2 1/2 at New York Giants
The battle for the Meadowlands.  Fitzpatrick throws two touchdown passes to Brandon Marshall to beat the Giants.

Arizona Cardinals -4 1/2 at St. Louis Rams

The Cardinals are flying high, and the Rams secondary has been suspect, so I expect Larry Fitzgerald to have a huge game.  The Cardinals defense keeps the St. Louis offense from doing much damage at all.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers + 1 1/2 v. Atlanta Falcons
Yes, I believe in Jameis.

Jacksonville Jaguars +2 at Tennessee Titans
The Titans just doe not have any true offensive weapons to help Marcus Mariota, well, OK, maybe Delanie Walker.

Kansas City Chiefs -3 at Oakland Raiders
Oakland has cooled off after their surprising start, and although they seem poised to have a great future, Kansas City is having a great present.  Plus, Kansas City is one of the two teams that has confounded me the most this year.  So, no more doubting.

Denver Broncos -5 1/2 at San Diego Chargers
Another road favorite, but I couldn't help it.  The Chargers are horrible this year.

Carolina Panthers -6 1/2 at New Orleans Saints
See the above Denver note, but New Orleans has been just a bit better than horrible.

New England Patriots -8 v. Philadelphia Eagles
The most disparate matchup this week, as Belichick is coming off their first loss, which we all know will not sit well with the Patriots.  Chip Kelly seems to have lost the Eagles and they are going backwards.  I was just hoping for a 6 1/2 point spread just in case Philadelphia scores a late TD to lost by 7.

Indianapolis Colts +9 at Pittsburgh Steelers
Another big spread, and I just cannot see Indianapolis stopping Pittsburgh's offense, but Matt Hasselback is 4-0 since starting for the Colts.  Pittsburgh by 6,

Washington Racists -3 1/2 v. Dallas Cowboys
Along with the Chiefs, the Racists are the team that has perplexed me the most this year, and I know I should take them at home as they have been playing great at home, but, I don't want to do it.  But I have to.  The Cowboys are 0-7 in games in which Tony Romo doesn't start.  So, it's the Racists.

BIG BET OF THE WEEK

Denver Broncos -5 1/2 at San Diego Chargers
Another road favorite, but I couldn't help it.  The Chargers are horrible this year.

I hate giving points for my Big Bet of the week, but I just had to take the red-hot Broncos, along with the resurgent (hopefully) C.J. Anderson against Phillip Rivers and absolutely nobody.

Last Week's Record:  8-8
Year-to-Date Record: 89-82-5
Big Bet Last Week: 1-0
Big Bet Year-to-Date: 9-3
Winnings/(Losses) Last Week: $70
Winnings (Losses) Year-to-Date: $735

No comments:

Post a Comment