Sunday, October 11, 2015

Picks of the Week



Another great week.  I hope that does not mean that I am due for a poor week!!!

As  a reminder, each pick is using the spread (straight up is for wussies), and the betting line is from the same website each week as of the time of typing the entry. I keep a running tally of my record, plus my winnings/losses. We will "pretend" that I bet $100 on each game, with one game each week going for $250. Winnings/Losses will be calculated including a 10% vig, which just makes the math that much simpler. Now, on to the picks.

Indianapolis Colts -4 1/2 at Houston Texans
This was Thursday, and I told a couple of friends about this pick ahead of time.  I know you all believe me on this because this was a very easy selection.

Chicago Bears +9 at Kansas City Chiefs
No, I do not think that the Bears victory means that they are a good team, but I do believe that 9 points is way too much for the Chiefs to be giving, as Kansas City is not very good either.

Atlanta Falcons -7 v. Washington Racists (I cannot believe I have been calling them the Redskins this year)
Yes Julio Jones is questionable, but Ryan can spread the ball around to everybody except Roddy White, and the running game has really developed.  Washington is still Washington.

Baltimore Ravens -6 1/2 v. Cleveland Browns
I really do not know what to do with this game.

Cincinnati Bengals -3 v. Seattle Seahawks
Cincinnati's defensive line is really good and Seattle's offensive line is rebuilding.  With Seattle coming from the west coast and playing the early game, I feel that Cincinnati covers to remain undefeated.

St. Louis Rams +9 at Green Bay Packers
As great as Green Bay has been, it would not surprise me at all if St. Louis wins this game.  Aaron Donald is a beast, Todd Gurley looks like he could be amazing, so at least they keep it close.

New Orleans Saints +6 at Philadelphia Eagles
I am not a big fan of the Saints this year, but I think Brees is starting to develop some confidence in receivers like Willie Snead and CJ Spiller out of the backfield.  This should keep them close to the Eagles, who have had their own offensive troubles on the season.

Jacksonville Jaguars +2 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jacksonville just looks like they have been  playing better this year than their record.

Buffalo Bills pick 'em at Tennessee Titans
I will take the Bills on the road to win this game.  I assumed they would have been favored by a couple of points.

Arizona Cardinals -3 1/2 at Detroit Lions
The dreaded road favorite, but something seems amiss with the Lions this year while Arizona has been cruising.

Oakland +4 v. Denver Broncos
I really did not want to pick two road favorites in a row.  Khalil Mack might be the best defensive player on the field, and I think Amari Cooper makes enough plays to keep this close, even if Denver wins.

Dallas Cowboys +9 v. New England Patriots
The Patriots win this game, but by single digits.

New York Giants -7 v. San Francisco 49ers
Dare I say that the Giants actually look good this year.  San Francisco understandably does not, given their massive roster turnover in the offseason.  New York rolls.

San Diego Chargers -3 1/2 v. Pittsburgh Steelers
Michael Vick.

BIG BET OF THE WEEK

Chicago Bears +9 at Kansas City Chiefs
No, I do not think that the Bears victory means that they are a good team, but I do believe that 9 points is way too much for the Chiefs to be giving, as Kansas City is not very good either.  I normally hate picking my team as the Big Beat, but 9 points is a lot of points to be giving a team whose defense has actually been playing well.  Pernell McPhee is quietly have a Pro Bowl type start to the year.

Last Week: 10-5
Year-to-Date: 38-24-1
Big Bet Last Week: 1-0
Big Bet Year to Date: 3-1
Winnings (Losses) Last Week: $600
Winnings (Losses) Year to Date: $1,445

No comments:

Post a Comment