Wednesday, October 19, 2011

World Series Roundtable

As Game 1 is underway, it is time to reveal our discussions and predictions for the World Series.

Hopps, since you predicted each of the divisional series correctly, would you like to go first, or last.

Hopps: I'll go last. Sinickal, you're up!

Sinickal: I look up and down each of the rosters and the Texas Rangers are just better than the Cardinals. With the possible exception of Carpenter as ace, and Pujols as best overall player (but not by much over Hamilton), the Rangers are better top-to-bottom. That means the Rangers should win this thing, and I will say in 6.

However, if we fast forwarded ten days or so and you told me that the Cardinals won, for some reason I would not be surprised. Such a victory would have to be based upon the pure power of Albert Pujols, just willing this team to a World Series victory as part of his goodbye St. Louis victory tour.

That being said, I still say Rangers in 6.

Pepster: Sinickal, as much as I agree with the fact that Pujols can do what Prince Fielder didn't, and that is lead his team in the playoffs before heading out of dodge, where is he going to go? The Red Sox and Yankees are set, for big money, at first base, Pujols is too athletic to DH and Fielder is younger such as to have a bit more value in free agency. The Dodgers like Loney, although he is nowhere near the player Pujols is, the Angels could be a candidate, or .... AH HA! You are pushing Pujols for the Cubs! I knew there was an ulterior motive to your honoring Pujols despite picking against the Cardinals.

Wow - that was pretty good psychology right there.

Anyway, I am going to agree with your Rangers in 6. Carpenter wins at least 1 so the series goes 6, but that Rangers lineup is loaded! Hamilton has yet to hit his postseason groove, if Nelson Cruz's next hit is for extra bases, he ties the record of consecutive post-season extra base hits held by the immortal Jayson Werth, and Young, Beltre, Kinsler, Napoli, et. al all have power. And I keep preaching the value of Elvis Andrus, and at some point he is going to explode. The Rangers have enough pitching, and they were here last year. I think it all adds up.

Hopps, your opinion?

Hopps: Texas.

Pepster: Anything else to add?

Hopps: Nope.

Sinickal: Why not?

Hopps: I don't have to justify anything, I was perfect the last round we did this. OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment