Friday, October 3, 2008

Picks of the Week (Week 5 Edition)



Coming off my worst week of the year to date, I am looking for a big rebound. I also apologize for no NFL recap this week, as I was in the middle of a trial for the past two days, and thus, just didn't have the time. I look to reconvene that topic next week.

Here are your picks for Week 5 of the NFL. Remember, I will be keeping a running total based upon $100/game, 10% vig on all losses, and one $250 contest per week. Coming off an OK week, but lost my big bet, so we need to bounce back, and bounce back hard.

Indianapolis Colts -3 at Houston Texans
It just seems due for the old Colts to return to the NFL. Of course, the Texans played stronger than I suspected last week.

Tennessee Titans -7 at Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee is tough, and Kerry Collins gives them a veteran presence that, well, Joe Flacco doesn't.

San Diego Chargers - 6 1/2 at Miami Dolphins
The Chargers aren't the Patriots. The Dolphins would have liked to have had this game played last week. I think they lost their momentum during the bye.

Carolina Panthers - 9 1/2 versus Kansas City Chiefs
Carolina is the offensive juggernaut that Denver is, especially with their two starting tackles out this week, but neither are they the defensive liability that Denver is. Kansas City won't be able to score enough points to cover.

Washington Redskins + 6 at Philadelphia Eagles
I made last week's bet for the Eagles not knowing Westbrook was out, this week, he'll probably play.

New York Giants -7 versus Seattle Seahawks
The Seahawks welcome back some receivers, but I don't think that will matter this week.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers + 3 at Denver Broncos
The Buccaneers are much more talented (really?!) than the Kansas City Chiefs, and they have a much stronger defense. I'll take the points.

San Francisco +3 versus New England Patriots
I really don't know why, but that Miami loss had to sting.

Arizona Cardinals -1 versus Buffalo Bills
This game looks like an obvious Bills pick, so I am going the opposite way because I just have a bad feeling.

Dallas Cowboys -16 1/2 versus Cincinnati Bengals
Nobody wants Ryan Fitzpatrick to succeed more than I do, it's just not going to happen this week.

Jacksonville Jaguars -4 versus Pittsburgh Steelers
The injuries may just be too much for Pittsburgh to overcome. Both defenses are stout, it's going to be which team gets, or makes, its own breaks.

New Orleans -3 versus Minnesota Vikings
Too much offense for the Vikings and Gus Frerotte.

Bye

Bye

Bye

I hate byes. We need more football!

BIG BET OF THE WEEK

Chicago Bears - 3 1/2 at Detroit Lions
Some people would think that firing Matt Millen would have a karmic effect on the Lions, but I am not quite sure that is how it works. Homerism, do me proud.


Last Week's Record: 7-6
Last Week's Big Bet: 0-1
Year to Date: 35-20-4
Big Bet Year to Date: 1-3
Winnings (Losses) for the Week: ($125)
Winnings (Losses) Year to Date: $955

No comments:

Post a Comment