Saturday, July 12, 2008

Beep, Beep, Beep....


It was the only title I could think of to describe a backup...In this case, backup QB.

Okay, the site has been dormant for a while, and I have been absent through name changes to our Patron Saint, reinstatement for our Patron Saint, Grand Jury testimony by our Patron Saint...You get the picture. Part of the problem is laziness. Some of it is vacation. Some of it...well, it's just not defensible.

No matter, we are back and we are talking about someone I have loathed for most of my adult life - Brett Fucking Favre.

If you read the phenomenal piece by Big Daddy Drew (yes, I know he doesn't use that anymore) at Deadspin, you now understand the ABC's of hate. And I agree with every hate filled word. More, as a Chicago Bears fan, there is no one that I hate more than Brett Favre (and his ridiculously spelled name) ! I have always thought that the media sucked from his ass more than should be allowed. I have always believed that his career has been a long series of very good games where he threw 7 to 10 balls up for grabs (and several for interceptions). I have never liked that he became a crossover marketing sensation. And I hate that for nearly two decades, he has been the face of my arch rival.

But, do you know what I hate more? That since Brett Fucking Favre made his first start as QB for the Green Bay Packers in 1992, my beloved Bears have had 49 different people from week to week under center. Twenty three different starting QB's in 15 years. It is so depressing to look at the names and think about the ineptitude.

Who remembers such names as Peter Tom Willis from Florida State (anyone with three names should be assraped with a telephone pole, then killed by angry Costa Rican Nationalists); or Dave Krieg, who was 78 years old when he started for America's team; or Cade McNown of parking ticket fame; or Shane Matthews (Shane? As an NFL QB?); or small handed Rick Mirer?
Do you know any of the following names: Henry Burris, Moses Moreno, Eric Kramer, Steve Stenstrom, Jonathon Quinn, or Chad Hutchinson? They all have started at QB for the Chicago Bears. I will now weep uncontrollably.

I don't really have anything positive to put in this post so I will end with this...I really hate Brett Fucking Favre and I hope that he doesn't end up playing for my team. But at least didn't play for the Boston Red Sux.

2 comments:

  1. The name Henry Burris alone gives me the cold sensation of death, and at least Shane Matthews wasn't Shane Falco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will note that I posted the Madden 2009 cover just in case he does play this year. Can you say rotator cuff tear?

    ReplyDelete