Sunday, February 4, 2018

Super Bowl Picks of the Week




Jacksonville took the Patriots to the brink, but the Patriots prevailed.  Philadelphia just took Minnesota to the woodshed.  This brings us to the Super Bowl Picks of the Week. Not many picks this week so I will be adding a prop bet.

My long time readers know how this works, but for everybody else,  a reminder.  Each pick is using the spread (straight up is for wussies), and the betting line is from the same website each week as of the time of typing the entry. I keep a running tally of my record, plus my winnings/losses. We will "pretend" that I bet $100 on each game, with one game each week going for $250. Winnings/Losses will be calculated including a 10% vig to make the math that much simpler.  On to the picks.

Philadelphia Eagles +4 1/2 v. New England Patriots
Each of the Patriots Super Bowl wins has been close, including come from behind win last year against the Falcons.  Philadelphia's defense, especially up front, is every bit as good as Jacksonville's, which seemed to stymie New England for most of the game.  The difference, Philly's offense is better.

Philadelphia Eagles +170 over New England Patriots (Bet $100 to win $170)
For all the reasons that I stated above.  Plus, I had this one last year and the Falcons just caved.  I don't expect the Eagles to do the same thing.

Philadelphia Eagles at New England Patriots UNDER 49
I hate taking the under.  But this game has a 24-20 feel to it to me.

Pink's National Anthem UNDER 2:00
Luke Bryan went under 2:00 minutes last year, and his over/under was 2:15.  Pink is different because there are no recordings of her singing the national anthem previously.  I think she won't extend brave too long, and will go under.

Big Bet
Philadelphia Eagles +4 1/2 v. New England Patriots

Last Week's Record: 4-2
Playoff Record - 16-14
Last Week's Big Bet: 1-0
Playoff Big Bet:  3-0
Year-to-Date Record:  140-138-8
Big Bet Year-to-Date:  12-8
Last Week's Winnings (Losses):  $300
Playoff Winnings (Losses):  $130
Winnings (Losses) Year-to-Date:  ($1080)

No comments:

Post a Comment