Thursday, November 13, 2014

Picks of the Week



Two great weeks in a row.  I hope that I just didn't jinx myself!

As  a reminder, each pick is using the spread (straight up is for wussies), and the betting line is from the same website each week as of the time of typing the entry. I keep a running tally of my record, plus my winnings/losses. We will pretend that I bet $100 on each game, with one game each week going for $250. Winnings/Losses will be calculated including a 10% vig, which just makes the math that much simpler. Now, on to the picks.

Miami Dolphins -5 v. Buffalo Bills
I am not sure about this game, but I think the Dolphins defense on a short week needs less preparation time than Buffalo's offense or defense.

San Francisco 49ers -4 at New York Giants
By now you all know how I feel about road favorites, but last week the 49ers got back to running the football, with Frank Gore AND Carlos Hyde; making their offense more efficient and keeping both backs happy.  If they continue this, they should win this game against the Giants easily.   I wanted this to be my big bet, but I am also picking against the whole "West coast team traveling to the east coast to play the early game" dilemma.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers +7 at Washington Whatever Their Name is Going to Be
I don't actually think the  Buccaneers will win this game, but I think that with Mike Evans, they are just a couple of big plays made from keeping this really close.

Atlanta Falcons +1 1/2 at Carolina Panthers
Atlanta is horrible defensively, but they can make plays on offense.  Carolina looks complete discombobulated this year, and it starts with Cam Newton, who looks particularly out-of-sorts.

Chicago Bears -3 v. Minnesota Vikings
The Bears have been so awful that it is way too obvious to pick the Vikings.

Houston Texans +3 at Cleveland Browns
This feels like a good old fashioned pitcher's duel, with Jose Cruz hitting a late double off the fence for a game winning RBI, with the Astros winning 3-2.

Seattle Seahawks +1 at Kansas City Chiefs
For Seattle to repeat, they need to start hitting their stride against a good team on the road, and this game just seems tailor made to fit that bill.  Look for lots of runs from Marshawn Lynch and Jamal Charles.

Cincinnati Bengals +7 at New Orleans Saints
Both teams are flawed, but talented.  Cincinnati does have the offensive firepower to keep up with the Saints, so this game should finish with the teams within 3 or 4 points of each other.

San Diego Chargers -10 v. Oakland Raiders
Only because I think the Chargers really needed their bye week, and they should come back recharged and looking to put up some huge offensive numbers against the Raiders.

Detroit Lions +1 at Arizona Cardinals
Once again, I honestly do not know what to make of this game, especially the Cardinals' reaction to Carson Palmer's ACL tear.  Will they rally behind Drew Stanton, who has started a couple of games this year, or will the fact that Palmer is playing considerably better than Stanton has make a big difference.  Plus, Calvin Johnson is back.  I'll take the Lions.

Philadelphia Eagles +6 at Green Bay Packers
The Packers are good, but not as good as they showed against the Bears.  The Eagles still looked downright dangerous on offense with Mark Sanchez.  Both defenses have holes, so I will take the Eagles, plus 6, to lose 78-75.

Indianapolis Colts -3 v. New England Patriots
The Patriots have showed up big in big games this year, but I think this will be Andrew Luck's time to assert himself into the upper upper echelon of quarterbacks (I will not say the word "elite" and start a maelstrom).

Pittsburgh Steelers -5 1/2 at Tennessee Titans
A dangerous pick because the Steelers play to the level of their opponent, and Mettenberger has looked like he could actually be an NFL quarterback with some time, but I will take the Steelers overwhelming talent to win this game big.

BIG BET OF THE WEEK

Denver Broncos -9 1/2 at St. Louis Rams
I am not sure where St. Louis is going to score any of their points in this game.


Last Week: 9-4
Year-to-Date: 80-65-2
Big Bet Last Week: 0-1
Big Bet Year to Date: 5-5
Winnings (Losses) Last Week: $295
Winnings (Losses) Year to Date: $770

No comments:

Post a Comment