Thursday, November 11, 2010

Picks of the Week

Last week was a good week for me, so I thought that I would try to get into the trend by actually thinking about my picks before making them. That is why this week you get some actual analysis. Perhaps that will keep me on the winning track.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -7 v. Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay impressed me last week against the Falcons. There were several moments when it looked like Atlanta was going to run away with it, only to have Tampa storm back. Carolina cannot even decide which rookie backup quarterback will start.

Tennessee Titans -2 at Miami Dolphins
I am not sure what to make of this quarterback change, but I did see a much different Dolphins team against the Ravens than earlier in the season (particularly against Pittsburgh), and that is not a good thing. It will be interesting to see how Moss is incorporated into the offense with the NFL's leading passer by rating (among those qualifiers), Vince Young.

Houston Texans +1 1/2 at Jacksonville Jaguars
I debated this selection for a long time before simply deciding to take the points. One incredibly disappointing team (the Texans) v. one surprising team (the Jaguars). Who knows?

Cincinnati Bengals +7 at Indianapolis Colts
Cincinnati is also one of the most disappointing teams in the league. Indianapolis is strong, but not as strong as recent vintage, so I am going to take the TD.

New York Jets -3 at Cleveland Browns
Cleveland, and Peyton Hillis, have already shredded some good defenses this year, but I don't think they have enough to defeat the Jets, even at home. We will hear a lot about the Ryan brothers, but this game will come down to whether Cleveland can run against the Jets.

Chicago Bears +1 v. Minnesota Vikings
Despite last week's comeback, the Vikings are in disarray. They are one play away from an implosion like we have ever seen on a football field.

Detroit Lions +3 at Buffalo Bills
Detroit has shown that it can keep rolling with Shaun Hill. The question is can they do so if Drew Stanton is forced to make an appearance.

Kansas City Chiefs -1 at Denver Broncos
Rough, late defeat for the Chiefs last week. We already know that the Broncos cannot run, so the question becomes, can Tamba Hali feast against the Broncos passing attack. He is averaging 1 sack a game, and this is the type of game that could propel him to the top of the sack stats.

Arizona Cardinals -3 v. Seattle Seahawks
Seattle has been absolutely brutal on the road this year. I am not sure that you could pay me to watch this game.

St. Louis Rams +6 at San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco really has a legitimate chance of winning this division and a win here puts them only a game out. But, I have picked St. Louis a ton this year (one of my more favorable decisions), so I will keep riding that horse.

New York Giants -13 1/2 v. Dallas Cowboys
That is a lot of points to give away, but the Cowboys have given up on this season. The offense has not been stellar enough for Garrett to warrant a head coaching position either, so this game could be a disaster. Of course, the Cowboys could pull it out so Jerry Jones can blame the whole thing on Wade Phillips.

New England Patriots +4 1/2 at Pittsburgh Steelers
I sense this game being decided by a field goal, so I will certainly take 4 1/2 points. I think the Patriots simply overlooked the Browns last week.

Philadelphia Eagles -3 at Washington Redskins
Michael Vick on Monday night! Ookie is finally free!

Big Bet of the Week
Baltimore Ravens +1 at Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore, to me, is a Top 3 team in the league right now. Atlanta is one of the best teams in the NFC, but that isn't saying much. In a short week, take the talent of the coaching and preparedness.

Previous Week's Record 8-4-1
Year to Date: 67-48-5
Previous Week's Big Bet: 0-1
Big Bet Year to Date: 2-7
Previous Week's Winnings (Losses): $195
Winnings (Losses) Year to Date: ($535)

No comments:

Post a Comment