Saturday, August 28, 2010

Underrated Television Actresses

As I am working this fine Saturday, I have decided to take my break by adding a bit to our blog. I was going to work on my Ken Griffey, Jr. story, but since one of our illustrious readers has been waiting so long to read it, I figured that I would write something that I know she would dislike first, before I write the Griffey post. So, I have decided to write about my Top 10 Underrated Television Actresses.

These actresses are not usually the stars of their shows, nor are they the most well known and focused upon starlots. Nevertheless, the are great contributors to television, and will likely be much more well known in the very short future.

I define appearing on television as appearing regularly - whether on a current series or in syndication. Why? Because I can.

10. Cote de Pablo - NCIS

Her Ziva David is much more intense and dangerous than Caitlyn Todd ever could have been. A great choice by the network, and necessary for the show to continue. Her Mossad agent character is certifiably badass - just don't let her drive.


8/9. Norah O'Donnell/Erin Burnett - NBC Family of Networks

Not the most famous of newscasters, but very important nonetheless. Erin Burnett is a frequent contributor to the Today Show, Meet the Press and Morning Joe.


7. Michelle Beadle - SportsNation

It takes a strong personality to put the blowhard Colin Cowherd in his place. Beadle more than fits that bill as co-host of ESPN's SportsNation.

6. Grace Park - Hawaii Five-O

They have already started running promos, so I am going to count it. Besides, she has appeared on Battlestar Galactica and The Cleaner, so she more than certainly qualifies.



5. Marsha Thomason - White Collar

Currently on White Collar, she is likely most recognizable from Las Vegas, where she played the pit boss Nessa. Even on Vegas she was the least known of the female characters (Vanessa Marcil, Molly Sims and Nikki Cox), yet she still held her own.

4. Navi Rawat - Numbers/Burn Notice

She had a brief part in Burn Notice this season, but if you recognize her it is from Numbers, where she plays the brilliant professor Amita. Although overshadowed by the other male characters, she often provides lucrative insight into the pending investigations.

3. Eva La Rue - CSI Miami

As crime scene investigator Natalie Boa Vista, La Rue actually makes the cheesiness that is the writing and David Caruso acting tolerable.


2. Giada de Laurentiis - Food Network

She is on every show not populated by Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri. Definitely holds her own in the cooking shows.


1. Christina Hendricks – Mad Men

OK, so I had to go with one person that was pretty well rated.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle Beadle make Sportsnation worth watching, and Erin Burnett should probably be number 1 on this list.

    ReplyDelete