Sunday, November 8, 2009

Random Thoughts

A short post of random thoughts on the college football action Saturday. Some of these could be individual posts, but...ah screw it. Here are the thoughts:
  • I was watching the crawl during the GaTech - Wake Forest game yesterday and noted that the Oklahoma - Nebraska game was on. Wait, what? This use to be one of the go to games of the year! It is staggering how far the mighty have fallen

  • Speaking of the mighty falling, how about Notre Dame losing to Navy for the second time in three years. Oh, and both in South Bend. How Charlie Weiss keeps his job is beyond me. That team is under talented and underachieving

  • Back to that GaTech win. Paul Johnson went for it on 4th and 1, in OT, at home and down by three. One of the ballsiest calls you will ever see. I can't think of another coach that wouldn't have just kicked the field goal and lived to play another OT. Well maybe Les Miles

  • Oh, and LSU - Alabama...This is the first year in a long time that I am not sure that the SEC has the best team in the nation. I don't know who is, but I am pretty sure that it is not Florida, Alabama or LSU

  • Here are some teams that definitely are not the best team in the nation; Cincinnati, Boise State, Iowa, and TCU. Again, I don't know who the best team is, but I have have named seven who aren't. Even my playoff format would solve this problem. At least, I don't think it would

  • Iowa, like the rest of the Big Eleven, stinks on a stick

  • The injury to the Oregon RB going into the endzone was as fascinating as any that I have seen in a few years. I was both screaming at how good a play he made and screaming because I thought he died

  • I would be remiss if I didn't note that either USC is way overrated or Oregon play the game of their lives last week. I am inclined to think that USC is overrated. You can't continue to put 10 players a year into the NFL and maintain your prominence

  • Who is this years Heisman Trophy frontrunner? I think it is Mark Ingrahm of Alabama, but who knows. Pepster wanted me to acknowledge the Alabama DT with all the blocked FG's this year. Yeah, I don't think so.

  • I will say this about Pepster, Hopps, and myself, we are alums of some very insignificant college programs. Period. Makes it difficult to trash talk on any given Saturday

  • How bad is it for me you ask? I had to root for Syracuse, led by a Duke point guard, against a Dave Wannstadt led Pittsburgh team. Syracuse is awful so it was a certain loss, I hate Paulus and hate having to root for him, and the only thing I hate more is Dave Wannstadt. He is the antichrist for what he did to the Chicago Bears. That, my friends, is the Tennessee Triple. Thankfully, I gargled with sulfuric acid last night to reduce my pain.

You know what, I am old and I should just start watching soccer. It is better for my health.

1 comment:

  1. I think you meant Cal running back who you thought had died - not Oregon. Jahvid Best. Anyway - not the point of this comment.

    The primary comment is that you named 7 teams that are not the best, and by omission, I think that you think Texas is the best team. Correct?

    ReplyDelete