Monday, October 19, 2009

DC: City of Champions

Yeah, yeah…I am back. Blah, blah, blah. Spare me your jokes, punks.

Anyway, I live in Washington, DC. As a result, I had the privilege of watching the following NFL games yesterday as part of my network package (I have Comcast Cable whom I hate more than the current lovefest with Brett Farve):

1:00 Kansas City vs. Washington (remarkably, not blacked out)

4:00 Philadelphia vs. Oakland and Buffalo vs. NY Jets

That’s right I got to watch four of the worst football teams possibly in the history of the league! And I have one declaration to make here – The Washington Redskins are the worst team I have seen.

THEY ARE VOMIT ON BURNT TOAST!

Keep in mind that as I write this: 1) there was team whose quarterbacks went a combined 2 – 14 for minus 7 yards and 2 interceptions. Shockingly, they lost 59 – 0 and that score could have been 1000 – 0; 2) JaMarcus Russell is still a starter in the league; 3) Tampa Bay and St. Louis may both go 0 – 16 and it wouldn't be a surprise; 4) There are five starting quarterbacks in the league with QB Ratings below 60.0 and only Mark Sanchez plays for a team with a winning record. That will soon change because; 5) Mark Sanchez went 10 - 29 for 119 yards and 5 interceptions yesterday.

Back to the Redskins. Consider the following:

- As of today, the Redskins have not played a team that had registered a win. You are welcome to throw out the NY Giants since that was week one, but that leaves five consecutive winless teams! Has that ever happened before?

- Three teams have registered their first win of the season against the Redskins (Detroit, Carolina, Kansas City).

- During the Kansas City game yesterday there was an attempted onside free kick after a safety. Again, has that ever happened before?

- The Redskins beat Tampa Bay and St. Louis by a combined 5 points. AT HOME!

Now, the Carolina Panthers were a 12-3 playoff team last year and their demise – like Tennessee’s - is somewhat disturbing. You can certainly point to several reasons for why but that is for another post. As for the Chiefs and Lions, well Kansas City had lost 9 straight and 15 of 16 before yesterday. And Detroit? Detroit’s win was its first in 20 games. Let me repeat that, 20 GAMES!

I have no real point to this post other than to take some minutes from your lives. I lost 8 hours of mine yesterday and those are never coming back.

I hate Dan Snyder. I hate that he is making my football watching experience this year like tweezing pubic hair. I have to watch the putrid home team or, soon enough, nothing because the team will be blacked out!

I just want what all other decent, hard-working football fans want...quality entertainment. I don't want to have to start watching the UFL. And, I don’t need this type of torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment